A lot of you have asked me what my daily skin care routine is....so here it is! Its not secret, you just need to know what products to use for your skin type!
First of all, you need to figure out what type of skin you have. Is your skin oily, dry, sensitive, normal etc.
Finding your skin type is the most common mistake when trying to treat or cleanse your face.
You have normal skin if:
- Your skin still looks fresh and clean by midday
- Your skin looks clear and is even in colour
- Your skin is soft and supple to the touch
- Your skin is neither greasy nor tight
You have dry skin if:
- Your skin looks old, is pale in color
- Your skin feels flaky and rough
- Your skin feels tight after washing
- Flaky patches starts to appear by midday
You have oil skin if:
- Your skin will appear shiny by midday
- You experience frequent outbreaks of acne and pimples
- Your skin has a shiny complexion most of the time
You have combination skin if:
- Your skin has oiliness in the T-zone and dryness on the cheeks
- Your skin feels dry in some areas and smooth in others
- You have occasional acne outbreaks in the oily areas
You have sensitive skin if:
- Your skin feels dry and itchy in some places after cleansing
- Flaky patches and some redness may appear by midday
- Your skin will sting and itch after applying facial toner
Personally, I have sensitive skin and I find the Neutrogena works best for my skin. I haven't had any issues with these products thus far...
There are three important steps when cleansing your face; Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize. This is very important to keep the moisture and equilibrium of your skin.
I love this cleanser! It is not a foam (as the name might perceive), but has a pearly, thick consistency. It does not remove the moisture from my face at all. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It also removes waterproof makeup!
Firstly, you want to splash your face with some warm water. This product wont spread evenly and effortlessly without the moisture from the water on your face. All you need is one pump to gently wash your face. Using the tips of your fingers, move them in a circular motion all over your face and don't forget your neck!. Then gently remove the cleanser with water. Pat dry your face, try not to tug on your face with a rough towel as you may irritate the skin.
After you have cleansed your face, the next step is toner! This product is alcohol-free so those with sensitive skin, like mine, it does not burn or itch after applying this product. Toner also helps remove excess dirt and oil and refine pores.
You can apply this product with a cotton ball, or cotton pad. Gently swab the toner all over your face.
After you tone your face, apply your moisturizer. This moisturizer is for sensitive skin, but they have specialized formulas for specified skin types such as this one.
This moisturizer is really nice. You only need a small amount, one pump, which goes a long way. Again, gently rub this into your face and neck.
Now you are done! :)
*Remember to cleanse your face twice a day, and never go to sleep with your makeup on!*
Hope this helped!!
Thank you for reading and have a great day!!