Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NYX Jumbo Pencil Review!!

Hey Everyone!

So this review is long overdue!! I've been talking about NYX jumbo pencils for a while now and now your finally going to find out why I love them soo much! :)

So, I purchased my pencils on eBay where I purchased 10 pencils for about $30, which is about $3/pencil. It was a bit difficult trying to find a pharmacy/outlet store here in the GTA that sell them. But after some research and a helpful tip from a friend, I finally did find a store! The store is in the Breamlea City Centre in Brampton, its on the upper level of the mall and its called Designer Cosmetics. The pencils retail for about $3.99 there. They also sell other NYX products like the single shadows, glitter liners, lipsticks etc. but I will do a review on those products later! :)


This is what the Jumbo Pencils look like, and this colour in particular 'MILK' is my favourite!

They come in a variety of colours and all work wonderfully...



I use these pencils more as a base rather than a cream eyeshadow because, if its not set with a shadow or powder they tend to crease...so it definitely makes a great base!

Its a very creamy product therefore it glides on very smoothly on the skin/lids.
Also, a little goes a long way, so don't apply too much as this can cause creasing as well.

It definitely holds the colours in place and makes them really pop!
I love to used this as a base under my 120 Palette shadows, it makes the colours that much more gorgeous! :)

I also use these pencils to create other designs on my face, depending on the look I want to create, such as Halloween or more avante garde looks.




The NYX White Eyeshadow Base is similar to 'Milk' but its a bit more sticky which allows the shadows to adhere to the base and lid a little more than the pencil, and theres not sharpening!

As for maintaining and sharpening these Jumbo Pencils, it can definitely be a task and a bit of a pain! But there are definitely sharpeners that can sharpen these pencils. I actually have the NYX dual sharpener. It works well, but the pencil still tends to get stuck or break off into the sharpener, which is why I like to depot my pencils!
(read my next post to learn how to depot these pencils)


These pencils are definitely a great alternative to those more pricey eyeshadow bases such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or MAC Paint Pots. I personally like how well they allow you to blend the colours without loosing its pigmentation or brightness.

Hope this has helped some of you!

Thanks for reading! :)

*Here are a few pics on how I have used these Pencils*




No comments:

Post a Comment